Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Toss of a Coin


My young family was in a small Christian Group, hosted by the Rosencrkans family,  a unit of the Evangel Temple Assembly of God in Springfield, Missouri. I had suggested one of two possible activities for the group to pursue. I was adamant and they acquiesced to a coin toss to decide which of the two activities we would pursue.  We tossed the nickel into the air over the table, to decide the outcome. The nickel went up into the air and landed on the table, and it ..... balanced precisely on its edge and stood their, neither heads nor tails. It was met with gales of unbelief and laughter, putting me in my place and showing the great humor and intimacy of the Lord our God, the God of Abraham and Isaac, and of Jacob, resurrected in the person of our Lord, Savior and God Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment